Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer 2010: Dinner Party Number 1

Yesterday, I hosted a dinner party with those of my friends in town for summer vacation. Since it was the first dinner party I was hosting, I wanted to go all-out and make it extra special. So, I decided to prepare a 4-course, sit-down dinner for everyone. The menu was as follows:
Course 1: Homemade No-Knead Bread with Olive Tapenade
Course 2: Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Course 3: Individual Cauliflower-Fennel Gratins
Course 4: Chocolate-Mascarpone Mousse in White Chocolate Cups, along with Salted Caramel Gelato(courtesy of my friend L.)
Beverage: Summer Strawberry Punch

Needless to say, it was a spectacular evening, and everyone really enjoyed the food. The only dish I was disappointed in was the gratin; it turned out surprisingly bland in spite of all the added flavoring and in spite of the fact that the recipe from which I adapted it was rated very highly. Nonetheless, the dinner was overall delicious and gratifying, and I am already looking forward to my next dinner party :) Stay tuned for pictures and recipes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates