Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Favorite Strawberry Banana Smoothie

It's difficult to create a true recipe for a smoothie because they're just so versatile. They can be customized in a myriad of ways to suit each individual's taste. Some prefer thick, creamy smoothies, while others prefer them thinner. Innumerable additions and flavor combinations are possible. Even if one looks at a recipe for a smoothie, he or she will likely make at least some changes or additions according to their own tastes. I personally love thick, creamy, almost pudding-like smoothies. This is my own personal favorite smoothie recipe. It provides a sweet, refreshing summer breakfast or snack full of strawberry flavor. I absolutely love strawberries, as do I anything made from strawberry, including strawberry milk, strawberry milkshakes, strawberry ice cream, strawberry cake, and the list goes on and on! I love the added flavor and creaminess from the almond butter, which sets this apart from plain fruit smoothies and also makes for a filling, nutritious breakfast. Of course, you can adjust the amount of liquid depending on the consistency you like.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie: (Serves 1 as a meal or 2 as a snack)
1 medium to large banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mango
2 tbsp. almond butter
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk( or more if you like a thinner consistency)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.

2 comments:

Swathi said...

I used to make too. This one is my favorite.

Priya said...

Even my favourite, feel like grabbing that glass..

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates