Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Aux Desirs de Manon

Ok, so I know I haven't been good about updating, but I really have been extremely busy. Extremely busy eating. Yes, the City of Lights is also the city of pastries, and temptation continuously abounds! Literally, on every corner one turns, one comes across a boulangerie and/or patisserie with their beautiful displays of creatively crafted viennoiseries and patisseries. I must again give due thanks to Clotilde Dusoulier of Chocolate and Zucchini for all of her wonderful recommendations in Clotilde's Edible Adventures in Paris. Really, this gem of a book has served as my Bible here in the City of Lights. In my spare time, what do you think I do other than scout out the various patisseries, boulangeries, fromageries, and restaurants that she raves about? Clotilde's recommendations have never led me astray. However, one of my most favorite boulangerie-patisseries is one I stumbled across myself while wandering the Marais. I spend a lot of time in this rather chic, bustling area of Paris, and so I have scouted out quite a few of the eateries here. And, other than L'As du Falafel, the one that repeatedly draws me back is a truly spectacular boulangerie-patisserie called Aux Désirs de Manon. Every day I come to the Marais for classes, I undoubtedly make a stop at Aux Désirs de Manon, whether for breakfast, lunch, a snack, and/or to pick up their outstanding baguette for dinner. And yes, I have been known to stop by more than once a day :) Just make a trip out here yourself, and you'll immediately see why. The artful array of pastries, ranging from the classic tartelette aux fraises(tart crust filled with strawberries and pastry cream), to classics with a twist such as the pistachio éclair, to innovative creations such as the Piémond, a white sponge cake topped with orange cream and surrounded by a chocolate ganache and sweet tarts ranging from almond and quetsches to pistachio and red fruit, will make your head spin with indecision.

Pistachio and Red Fruit Crumble

Also of note are the high-quality viennoiseries and breads. Try the pain au chocolat-amande, a croissant filled with almond cream and a chocolate bar, covered with toasted almonds. So delectable, but quite heavy-split it with a friend, and don't make the mistake of eating the entire croissant like I did :) Their baguette is also perfect, and I have been lucky enough to get one warm on multiple occasions.

Piémond

Aux Désirs de Manon
129 Rue Saint Antoine
75004 Paris

01 42 72 32 91
http://www.aux-desirs-de-manon.fr/

6 comments:

Swathi said...

Pistachio red fruit crumble looks delicious. Paris in my list to visit for long time.

Rachana said...

Wow!!! Both the piemond and the pistachio fruit crumble looks great and all of a sudden, I am hungry now :-)

Sushma Mallya said...

crumble looks delicious,have never tried doing it so far but seems a worth trying one

Pushpa said...

Crumble and piemond looks delicious.

Peggy said...

Sounds like you're having tons of fun in Paris!

savitha ramesh said...

Hi Ameya..firsty timehere..thanks for visitingmy space..u have a diverse cuisine......love to know abt france and cuisine........following u

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates